from Stacey Roy, aka The Nerdy Bartender
Channel your inner Doctor Horrible to concoct a drink that’s deadly delicious!
•1½ oz white rum
•1 oz melon liqueur
• splash of coconut water
• 2 chunks fresh pineapple
• ¼ lime
• top off with soda water
• ½ cup coconut liqueur
•2½ grams calcium lactate
•½ gram sodium alginate
•2 cups distilled water
• dry ice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add your coconut liqueur to the sodium alginate, and blend together.
- With a pipette, drop the solution into a bath of calcium lactate and distilled water, then strain.
- Muddle the mint, lime, coconut water, and pineapple in a shaker glass, then shake with melon liqueur, rum, and ice.
- Strain into glass, and spoon in the “poison bubbles.”
- Top off with soda water – or for a deliciously evil effect, add dry ice!*